Traveling through DFW International Airport can be a mixed bag. On one hand, you have access to state-of-the-art terminals full of high-tech amenities, family-friendly entertainment, popular restaurants, and clean, “smart” restrooms.
On the other hand, you’re traveling out of the world’s fourth busiest airport, which schedules almost 1,850 flights daily and serves 64 million passengers annually. In other words, it’s… busy.
This means savvy travelers will do whatever they can to shave off time at DFW’s security checkpoints. The less time you waste checking into your flight and waiting in the security line, the more time you have to enjoy all of the comforts and amenities that await you in your terminal!
So, that’s why Top-Notch Taxi – DFW DAL Airport Service has ever-so-graciously taken the time to compile a quick and easy list of tips to help you streamline your security checkpoint experience. Take a look below!
Ways to Get Through DFW Security Faster
- Check your wait time before you depart for the airport. You can do so by visiting the DFW Security Info web page or by downloading the DFW mobile app on iOS or Android. These resources will also notify you of checkpoint closures.
- If you’re a frequent flyer, you may want to consider enrolling in TSA PreCheck™, which will allow you to bypass the regular security line.
- Have your required ID ready. Drivers licenses and passports are the TSA’s preferred forms of ID. You can see a full list of acceptable ID on the TSA website.
- If you’re bringing a carry-on, make sure you’re able to quickly remove your laptop and other large electronics and place them into a security bin. Also separate your plastic bag of liquids from your carry-on luggage prior to loading up your bin. You can view the complete rules for laptops and liquids on the TSA website.
- Before arriving at the security checkpoint, double-check that your carry-on does not contain any of the TSA’s prohibited items.
- Tailor your clothing choices to the security line. Wear slip-on shoes. Skip the belt and jewelry (if you can). This may only save you a minute or two in practice, but you’ll feel a lot less rushed by your fellow travelers.
Of course, another way to save lots of time and stress is to schedule a ride to DFW with Top-Notch Taxi! I’ll pick you up on time and drop you off at your correct terminal in the most convenient location for your check-in. My job is to make your travel experience as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Call now or fill out the contact form on this website!